Thursday, April 18, 2013

Delicous Dishes: Manny's Cocina "Seafood Cortez Pizza"

After growing up in the southwest suburbs of Chicago, I decided that I know when I come across a solid piece of pizza. But, after moving to Wisconsin, I was on a mission to find some good pizza because the state has the best cheese around.

Yet, I did come across something the other day that was a nice break from my craving for deep dish pizza. I had the pleasure of visiting Manny's Cocina in Eau Claire, WI for a nice sit down dinner.

After skimming the menu, something stuck out at me from the very beginning and that was their seafood pizza. I do enjoy lobster, crab, tilapia and shrimp especially when dipped in butter. However, the "Seafood Cortez Pizza" took fish and pizza to a whole new level that I never thought my taste buds could experience.

It has the crunch a pizza needs, along with a variety of fishy flavors with an added chipotle cream sauce. Each ingredient had a purpose and every bite was simply delicious. The pizza was a bit on the expensive side for an appetizer, but because of all the seafood it is definitely worth it.

Seafood Cortez Pizza
Bay shrimp, crabmeat, salsa, pico de gallo, a special chiptole cream sauce, cheddar and jack cheese on a light crust.

The best part about this item is the restaurant also offers a nachos selection that is very similar. Manny's Cocina has two locations, one in Eau Claire, WI and one in Onalaska, WI.


No comments:

Post a Comment