Saturday, February 9, 2013

Turkey Panini w/ Pesto Mayonnaise

Have you ever tasted something where the ingredients fit perfectly like a puzzle?
After receiving my Cuisinart Panini/Griddler for Christmas, I began to experiment on what delicious panini's I could make. So I ventured out to the grocery store to see what I could find. After shopping around I came up with the perfect Turkey Panini w/ Pesto Mayonnaise.
     Once I took my first bite, I've been making this practically everyday.





 Ingredients for Turkey Panini                       Ingredients for Pesto Mayonnaise
- 6 slices of Turkey                                      - 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 slices of Ciabatta bread                          - 1/2 tbs. of garlic
- Lettuce/Cabbage/Carrot pkg mixture        - 2 tbs. of pesto (I used Classico Basil Pesto)
- 1 slice of mozzarella cheese                     - 1 small tupperware container             
- 1/2 avocado                                                           Makes 6 servings
Makes 1 serving

First, you want to start out by making your pesto mayonnaise. Take 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1/2 tbs. of garlic, and then 2 tbs. of pesto and mix it in the tupperware container. After you stir it up, the mayonnaise is done. Then, whatever you don't use just place it in the fridge for next time.

For your panini, its very simple. Take your pesto mayonnaise and spread it on each slice of bread. Then, lay down your 6 slices of turkey, along with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese.

 Turn your panini/grill/griddle on, and select panini and set it to medium. Cook the sandwich for about 6 minutes or until the cheese has melted.


Then, if your anything like me you probably don't like soggy produce, which is why I wait until after the panini is cooked to put the other ingredients on. So before the eating can commence, top it off with some of that lettuce/carrot cabbage mix, a few slices of avocado, tomato and your done! Once you take a bite you'll feel like you're in heaven.





No comments:

Post a Comment