Monday, July 22, 2013

Delicious Dishes: Tep's Drive In



When summertime hits, many of us look for a great summer treat that's sure to fill our stomachs with happiness. Well, I ventured out to Tep's Drive In in Augusta, Wisconsin to see what I could find. I believe the pictures speak for themselves on how you can spend summer with the family.




Tep's Drive In began serving food in 1948. Although it's 
operated under a few different names it's definitely an original in Western Wisconsin. The place works like a carhop, which means a waitress will take your order and bring your food to the car.  

I started my adventure by ordering their taco fries. You can see from the picture above how they're served. It comes with ground beef, nachos cheese, tomato, salsa and sour cream with taco seasoning on top. Then I tried the single "Western Burger" which is picture on the right. To my surprise it came with two patties, cheese, lettuce, bbq sauce, onions and bacon. It was as good as the picture looks too.


Of course, I couldn't come to an old fashioned carhop without trying some old fashioned ice-cream. It's definitely a creative fest when it comes to desserts.  So I tried the "Upside Banana  Split," which comes with pineapple, strawberry and fudge topping. As you can tell it's not your ordinary banana split, which makes it fun to eat! 

 Then, I tried the "Smore's Sundae," because you can't go wrong with smores in the title. It comes with twisted vanilla and chocolate ice-cream (I just got vanilla), graham cracker crust, chocolate sauce and marshmallow fluff. Now you can feel like you're sitting by a campfire! If you want to find Tep's Drive In, you can find it off Highway 12 in Augusta, Wisconsin.
     
                                                         



                                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment