Monday, June 3, 2013

Waffle Cristo Sandwhich

Some of you may be familiar with the infamous "Monte Cristo" and how it has a lot of strange flavors combined. Yet, it's one of my favorite sandwiches whether I eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's meaty flavor and sweetness is what keeps me coming back for more.

However, I wanted to come up with a simple way that didn't require frying and used ingredients that I usually have at home. That's when it dawned on me that I could make my own "Waffle Cristo Sandwhich."


Waffle Cristo Ingredients
- 2 waffles (frozen or homemade)
- 5 thin pieces of turkey
- 1/4 c. cheddar cheese
- Spoonful raspberry jam
- Powdered sugar 
Makes 1 serving

Start by cooking your waffles in a toaster, like its directed on the box. I used Eggo waffles because it's easy to just grab them from the freezer.  While those are cooking, put your slices of turkey on a plate with the shredded cheddar on top and put it in the microwave until it melts.


The reason you want to put it in the microwave without the waffles is because the microwave will make the waffles soggy. Once your cheese is melted and your waffles are cooked then it's time to build your Waffle Cristo Sandwhich. 

Put your melted slices of turkey and cheese on one waffle and top with your other waffle. Then spoon your raspberry jam onto your plate for dipping. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top a and prepare yourself for a combination of flavors that you'd never think would taste like heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment